Marx Brothers im Krieg (14 Zitate - englisch)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Marx Brothers im Krieg (14 Zitate - englisch)

Da die meisten gags nur auf Englisch gut rüberkomen mach ich es mal so ;)

Rufus T. Firefly: You're a brave man. Go and break through the lines. And remember, while you're out there risking you're life and limb through shot and shell, we'll be in be in here thinking what a sucker you are.

Rufus T. Firefly: Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches. Wait a minute, get them this high
      [zeigt zu seinen Kinn]
      Rufus T. Firefly: and our soldiers won't need any pants. Wait a minute, get them this high
      [zeigt über seinen Kopf]
      Rufus T. Firefly: and we won't need any soldiers.

Rufus T. Firefly: Not that I care, but where is your husband?
      Mrs. Teasdale: Why, he's dead.
      Rufus T. Firefly: I bet he's just using that as an excuse.
      Mrs. Teasdale: I was with him to the very end.
      Rufus T. Firefly: No wonder he passed away.
      Mrs. Teasdale: I held him in my arms and kissed him.
      Rufus T. Firefly: Oh, I see, then it was murder. Will you marry me? Did he leave you any money? Answer the second question first.

Chicolini: Now I aska you one. What has a trunk, but no key, weighs 2,000 pounds and lives in a circus?
      Prosecutor: That's irrelevant.
      Chicolini: Irrelephant? Hey, that'sa that answer. There's a whole lot of irrelephants in the circus.

Rufus T. Firefly: Oh, I'm sick of messages from the front. Don't we ever get a message from the side? - What is it?
      Bob Roland: General Smith reports a gas attack. He wants to know what to do.
      Rufus T. Firefly: Tell him to take a teaspoonful of bicarbonate of soda and a half a glass of water.

Minister of Finance: Here is the Treasury Department's report, sir. I hope you'll find it clear.
      Rufus T. Firefly: Clear? Huh. Why a four-year-old child could understand this report.
      Rufus T. Firefly: Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Prosecutor: Something must be done! War would mean a prohibitive increase in our taxes.
      Chicolini: Hey, I got an uncle lives in Taxes.
      Prosecutor: No, I'm talking about taxes - money, dollars!
      Chicolini: Dollars! There's-a where my uncle lives! Dollars, Taxes!

Rufus T. Firefly: Don't look now, but there's one man too many in this room, and I think it's you.

Rufus T. Firefly: I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows till you come home

Ambassador Trentino: Have you been trailing Firefly?
      Chicolini: Have we been trailing Firefly? Why, my partner, he's got a nose just like a bloodhound.
      Ambassador Trentino: Oh really?
      Chicolini: Yeah, and the rest of his face don't look so good either.

Chicolini: Monday we watch-a Firefly's house, but he no come he wasn't home. Tuesday we go to the ball game, but he fool us: he no show up. Wednesday HE go to the ball game, but we fool HIM, WE no show up. Thursday it was a double-header nobody show up. Friday it rained all day, there was no ball game, so we stayed home, we listen to it over the radio.
      Ambassador Trentino: You didn't shadow Firefly?
      Chicolini: Oh, sure we shadow Firefly - we shadow him all day.
      Ambassador Trentino: But what day was that?
      Chicolini: Shadowday!
      Chicolini: That's-a some joke, eh, boss?
      Ambassador Trentino: Now will you tell me what happened on Saturday?
      Chicolini: I'm glad you ask me. We follow this man down to a roadhouse, and at this roadhouse he meet a married lady.
      Ambassador Trentino: A married lady?
      Chicolini: Yeah, I think it was his wife.
      Ambassador Trentino: Firefly has no wife!
      Chicolini: No?
      Ambassador Trentino: No!
      Chicolini: Then you know what I think, boss?
      Ambassador Trentino: What?
      Chicolini: I think-a we follow the wrong man.

Rufus T. Firefly: I danced before Napoleon. No, Napoleon danced before me. In fact, he danced two hundred years before me.

Mrs. Teasdale: Your Excellency, I thought you'd left!
      Chicolini: Oh no, I no leave.
      Mrs. Teasdale: But I saw you with my own eyes!
      Chicolini: Well, who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?

First Judge: That sort of testimony we can eliminate.
      Chicolini: Atsa fine. I'll take some.
      First Judge: You'll take what?
      Chicolini: Eliminate. A nice, cold glass eliminate.